The Museum Complex Contains 5 Historic Buildings
The historic campus of The Cripple Creek District Museum includes the Midland Terminal Railway Depot. This train depot operated from 1895 to 1949 and received an average of ten passenger trains daily. In 1953 this historic structure became the centerpiece of our Museum.
Colorado Trading & Transfer was built in 1893 by business owner Albert Carlton. He started selling coal, but also moved freight within the district including gold ore. This building is the oldest wooden commercial structure in Cripple Creek and survived the fires of 1896.
The Assay Office was a former garage built in the early 1900’s and moved to the Museum grounds over 40 years ago. It has been converted to represent a working assay office where miners brought their ore to assess its gold value.
Two miners' cabins built in 1892 & 1900. Prostitute French Blanche once lived in one of the cabins. She served miners on Cripple Creek's notorious Myers Avenue.
$9 Adult$7 Military$2 Ages 6-125 & Under Free with purchase ofAdult or Military Admission
Mid-October thru May
10 a.m.- 4 p.m. Saturday, Sunday Closed in March
Memorial Day Weekendto Mid-October 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 7 Days A Week